Tuesday 31 March 2009

Matt and Wilber's trip to Swindon...

Hi Just me!

Matthew and I left Taunton this morning at 8am (or just after that actually!)..travelling to Th Wiltshire Golf and Country club... We made good time and reached our destination just after 9.30. On arrival we were shown the basic course layout by the course manager...we couldn't decide where he was from...it was either Swansea...or Karachi...? Confused accent but very nice guy! He let us know that the course was a little confusing as the 18 hole and the 9 hole course run side by side! I had a cup of tea and Matt had an orange before we set off for Day 4! It was somewhat overcast but still very mild... later in the day that mildness turned to Muggy! To start with I couldn't hit a ball...I think I thought I was not on the golf course and maybe on beach playing frisbee! Nothing was working for me...therfore i got grumpy...and then more grumpy until the 3rd when I actually managed to string more than one good shot together! Matt on the other hand was like a pup with two tails! Playing more than steady golf...parring the first two holes and getting no less than 2 Stableford points on the front nine!things did turn for me...getting a little bit more consistent!the back nine the form changed a bit...Matt belives everytime he has a good front nine...the back nine lets him down! It didn't really let him down as it was just the odd shot here and there...and one mighty bit of luck! He hits tyhe ball into a hedge from his drive...walks up to it and sees that it is GUR (Ground Under Repair) meaning that he still needed to find his ball...only then sees a sign saying that he is prevented from looking for his ball as was a nature corridor and he would be upsetting the Bluebells!!! Lucky Bugger!meanwhile I was driving the ball up the wrong fairway!!!All very fun stuff...

Matt's shot of the day was a 170 yard 3 wood into the 17th green! left it 10yards from the pin!!Missed the putt though!!!!

My shot of the day was when I woke up halfway down the 18th fairway! a 190 yard five iron to middle of green!!!!guess what?.....I missed the put!

Matt won the the 1st 9 and I won the 2nd 9...but he won the 1st nine by a LOT more!

After the game we had a spot of lunch and the golf pro took a photograph of us by our car...apparently will be in the Swindon Evening Advertiser!!!

We are currently in Steve Gotting's office in Fleet...gonna go for a curry and a pint and get ready to join Ben gotting and Ayoola Erinle tomorrow at North Hants Golf Club!!! Oh...and Matt of course!!!

Take care everyone!

Will and Matt (penfold)xx

1 comment:

  1. Come on Wilbur - it's April now - get back to the computer and keep us updated. I hope this doesn't mean some ordinary golf in the Southern counties!!

    ReplyDelete