Monday 13 April 2009

Bevan, Jones and bevan do Kilworth...

Good evening to you all...

Today was day 17 and inching ever closer to the halfway point of my tour. I was in Kilworth Springs Golf Club in Leicestershire. I was joined today by my brother Tom and a friedn of his Not so Christian Jones. After playing the previous to days on my own or with strangers it was a pleasant change to have some familiar company, especially seeing as the next ten days or so might be a little lonely!

My brother tom isn't actually a golfer so he walked the course with us and was our designated camera man...we taught him some of the golfing lingo along the way...

We started at 12.28 with Chris and I playing and Tom watching and learning intently!

The 1st hole was a warm up for us both but after that we played some steady golf on the front 9...On the 10th however something flicked a switch in my brain that made me play soemthing other than golf...i'm not sure what is was but it was somewhere in the region of hurling and cricket...my ability (that's presuming I had some to start with) to hit off the tee dissapeared and my general ball striking was terrible. Chris however was getting steadier and steadier which was good to see as he hadn't played in about a year.

The weather was lovely again and I was minus the sunglasses so I managed to recreate the tan on my arms on my face!always nice to have an even tan!

After the game which tom tooks some good pictures and vidoes of we had a beer and then I headed back to Naseby so I could get some grub and a relaxing evening...

Tomorrow is the halfway point the the county of Rutland...Simone at Rutland County Golf Club has been very helpful to me in preperations for the tour so I am looking forward to meeting her and playing the course. There is a chance that Christian might be able to play with me again so that would be good!

I will now put some pics of today on the blog!

Take care.


Will, Tom and Chrisxx

No comments:

Post a Comment