Saturday 18 April 2009

how do folks...Yorkshire calling...

I am currently sat in J on Shanks's living room in Brompton having layed in Derbyshire and Yorkshire in the last two days. Ashbourne Golf Club in Derbyshire was a really good day. On arrival I was greeted by John Hammond the club secretary. i was early so I had a cup of tea in the bar and chated to some of the members. I was playing on my own so cracked on...my first imperession of the course was that it was very immature...the greens wern't in good nick as they had been hollow tined just this week. There were some very interesting holes and will be a cracking course in 20 years. I played well and enjoyed the course despite the wind blowing...afterwards in the clubhouse chatting some more with the members and discovered that the old golf pro at the club Mick Grundy sadly past away from Leukaemia approximately 12 years ago...the guys at the club do there bit with raising money for the Anthony Nolan trust and they have a a charity golf day in september in memory of Mick and I said I would do my best to get back up there and join them! They really were a lovely bunch of guys and it ws a pleasure to meet them all. Thanks to them for making me feel so welcome!
I then travelled to Leeds to stay with Chad Smith...we went out for a few drinks bfore I played day 22 and Bentham Golf Club jst off the Yorkshire dales! had a nice day despite a cloudy head...eary start and not enough sleep. I am now about to get to bed and have a good night sleep in preperation for day 23 and Durham City Golf Club!I'm looking forward to being nice and refreshed tomorrow! I will be writing from Newcastle tomorrow.why I mun!

Thanks to Chad Smith, Jon Shanks and Vicki B (feeling poorly!) and all that have helped me so far!

Much love

Willxx

No comments:

Post a Comment