Monday 6 April 2009





Hello everyone...
I am writing this on day 10 of my golf tour!I am currently in Luton with the Synan Jones family...Ashley my flatmate who I live with in Surbiton's family. They have very kindly put me and Matt up for the night! Today we travelled from Surbiton up to East Herts Golf Club Nr Buntingford in Hertfordshire. This really was a great course. The club house was minimal and only had the essentials... loo... bar... however the golf course looked in cracking knick considering it was early in the season and the winter had taken it's toll! Matt was intent on doing evrything he could to beat me today! When we arrived at just before 10am there was a society day and that included 14 women teeing off the 1st so the young lad in the proshop very kindly suggested we start at the 13th meaning we would then finish at the 13th. matt and I were both on the green for three however I three putted much to my disgust so I finished with a six and Matt parred! The next few holes were mine and by the time we reached the 5th... it was a very competetive. we were both on 12 stableford points and the slating was hotting up! coming up the 5th which was a par 5 we were both left with short chips to the green. I chipped on to within 10ft and Matt sublimely knocked his chip in for an eagle 3...that's ten rounds of golf we have played and one eagle each!!! what pro's we are!
After that I was playing steady golf and playing the best I have done on the tour so far. Matt had a run of holes that he didn't par so he was begging for a par!which he duly got! I thumped a drive up the 10th leaving myself a 20 yard chip. I thought the green was there for the taking however I failed to see a hidden bunker...my only bunker of the day and i failed to get up and down for par!
Matt won...I played under my handicap again and there is more to come!!!
I hope you enjoy the photos. I can only upload four or five at a time so will keep them coming!
A big thanks to the Synan Jones's for putting us up!
Buckinghamshire is next! remember let me know If you want to join me as Matt leaves me tomorrow so I will be going solo!!!
Be safe...
Will and Mattxx



No comments:

Post a Comment