Saturday 11 April 2009

East Anglia reporting...

Hello everyone!

I am speaking to you guys from my sister's house again after playing legs 14 and 15...Suffolk and Norfolk respectively. On Friday I played Rushmere Golf Club just outside Ipswich in Suffolk...this was a heathland style course which is actually public property. This is an added hazard as you can be preparing to take a shot and then 4 old ladies will promptly stumble across the upcoming fairway...it was the start of the bank holiday weekend so it was to be expected! The course itself was very different to most of the courses I have played! the ground was very hard and the ball ran on a long way on the fairways...this was also the same on the greens and one had to take a more "links" stlye approach to each shot...effectively leaving the ball a few yards short and letting the extra run take the ball up to the green...that was the theory anyway!!! I couldn't blog yesterday due to being in a hotel in Norwich and the internet was £7 for 30mins!!!!so I am writing this for two days. I played the round on friday with two sets of people...first of all I started with a gentleman called Ray and a Lady called Allison...the course was usy and they asked me to join for there round as they were only playing 9 holes.I gratefully accepted and enjoyed there company. the weather was again stunning and I really caught sun on my arms..i have a partcularly white left hand at the moment! The second half of the round I joined with a young 11 year old called jordan and his Grandfather John. I especailly enjoyed their company as It was a pleasure to see a John teaching the young lad the tricks of the trade. He only recently recieved his handicap and I'm positive that it will be reduced in no time at all! I had a photo taken of Jordan and I taken by John which i will put on the blog tomorrow. I played pretty steady all the way around, i felt I wasn't striking the ball as well as I had the previous few days...this might be due the heathland fairways...lots of faeces!!!!

Today i have done 200 miles driving from Suffolk to Northamtonshire via Norwich...and I have just played my favourite golf course! Eaton Golf Club...from start to finish it was an absoloute pleasure! The second hole is a par 3 that you drive over a gully with a 13 ft bunker lined with railway sleepers! I felt like I was in a Mark Twain novel! I went in the bunker and thought I was going to spend a good half an hour in there trying to get the ball out...however to my suprise I got out first time and putted for a par! Being a saturday it was very busy so it was a very slow round...lots of waiting on tees and fairways...probably too much time to contemplate each shot!!!moggy would hate it! however I felt the extra time helped me. I met some nice blokes on the tee as well giving me tips on the best spot to be after my drive! I also played the best golf I have done on the tour so far. I shot and 80 which is six shots better than my previous best! This probably added to the enjoyment of the course but It really was nice...I recommend it to anyone that travels to Norwich...a little hidden gem!!

After the golf I went to thank Peter Johns the club manager for donating the game and went on my way. I travelled back to ratby in Leicestershire where my brother Tom lives with his wife charlotte. They Had two and half tabererererers round for a curry so I joined them!

I am now at my sister's house...I'm playing Cold Ashby Golf Club which nicely is just 2 miles from here so I can catch a few more Z's tomorrow morning!!!

Right I'm off for a bath and a good nights kip!!!

speak to you all soon!

Willx

P.S excuse spelling and grammar I'm a tired little bunny!!!! (see what I did there!)xx

No comments:

Post a Comment