Tuesday 7 April 2009

Rain was forecast...but never came...

What a weird day...for the first day of the tour I found it very difficult to get up this morning! My alarm went off and I did the usual snooze thing we all do...but my eyes felt tired! Today we were teeing off at 10 o'clock at Buckingham Golf Club. We left at 8.30 to get there in good time however my geography let me down somewhat!!! We left Luton and Kenny(the tomtom man) said that he wanted me to go North on the M1 and my internal Sat Nav wanted to go south...Kenny the genius that he is was correct. We were then on our way adn besides a bit of ruch hour traffic we got there in good time. This was the first time on the tour that I don't think the golf club were completely expecting us...I think there was a case of the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing...but in the end phonecalls were made and we were allowed to tee off at just after 10. I did feel a little doubt in the back of my head for the first few holes...I felt like the People at the golf club might have been questioning my motives but after hald an hour or so I came to the conclusion that they ran a business and If every TomTom, Dick and Harry treid to blag a free round they wouldn't probably be a business anymore!

The course looked in excellent knick and the 1st hole was quite a picture...an elevated tee moving sharply downwards to a gully stroke ravine then leading up to the green. Once on the green Matt and I realised that the greens were most probably the slowest we have played so far. The greens at East Herts Golf Club yesterday were excellent so this was a little strange to get used to. Matt certainly got used them quicker...in fact I think I got used to them on the 18th green! the first three holes were ones to forget for me...me putting it down to the questions being asked in the clubhouse. After then I went on a good run of a birdie and 3 pars to settle down a bit. Matt was hitting very well off the tee however every so often there would be a dodgy shot...he shot very well again and doing himself no chance of ridding himself of bandit status...

I shot the best of the tour so far but felt like I didn't...there is much more to come! After the golf we had a beer and then I drove to St Albans to drop Matt off at the station as he is leaving me... The lone ranger...(that's me) will soldier on however!

As you can tell by the title of this blog the weather forecast wasn't very good for today and tomorrow however today was really as pleasant a day as we have had so I thank the government for that (see earlier blog for reference)...let's hope tomorrow is the same.

Bedfordshire leg tomorrow...and day 12 (a third of my way around) = 1200miles of driving...70km of walking(that's just the golf courses) and 198 holes of golf...

Speak to you tomorrow...

P.S if you havn't already done so please forward this blog to your entire email contacts!!!! thank you very much!!!!

By Matty!!!see you at the Belfry!!!

Just Willxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment