Thursday 9 April 2009

The Government are doing a great job...

I checked the weather forecast last night and they said that it was going to be showering heavily and 20mph winds! balderdash that's all I can say. it rained over night and by the time I hit my first shot in anger the rain had all gone. It was grey...but grey I can handle!
Today for leg 13 I was in Cambridgeshire playing Lakeside Lodge Golf Club. As the name suggests it is a golf club...at the side of a lake, however the lake doesn't actually come into play that much. there are other smaller stretches of water that can catch the odd eronius tee shot!

Today I played with Pat Synan. He is my flatmates uncle and lives just a stones throw from the golf course. It was a pleasure having his company as due to the inclement grey weather it might have been a lonely round if he hadn't joined me!

There was another quizzical look on the lads in the pro shops face as there was sign of me on the tee sheets...I think the reason for this was that there was actually nobody else playing golf today...we actually had the course to ourselves which was nice as all the other days we have been held up somewhat...not that we were in a rush it's just nice to get into a rythmn and hold ups don't help that!

The 1st was a shortish par 5. I hit two good shots to the edge of the green and two putted for a 6 at the first. Nice not to blob the 1st as I have done too many times on the tour so far! I then parred two of the next three and then I started playing baseball off the tee again! My driving left me and all I can say is I'm glad I drove better on the way home on the A14 otherwise there would've been trouble! by the 14th it was working better again and I parred four in a row and finished with a 7th par at the last. No birdies or eagles today but nice steady except in the middle off the tee!

As I told you earlier in the blog before this one i lost my phone last night! I don't really know what happened but I think it fell out of my pocket in a taxi...very annoying and incovenient but after the initial rage...swearing and thumping my head I realised that although what I am doing at the moment is hard work and physically demanding it really is the best holiday I could ever imagine. I'm meeting really fun interesting people along the way...finding the best in people as so many people having been so kind in letting me borrow sofa's...beds...food...tea and so forth! I'm blessed to be on this earth still and have so many friends and family that are happy to help me and I don't want to let a little thing like losing a mobile phone stuff up my good mood!

I would like to say thanks to Pat for playing with me today and offering me dinner and a bed...I chose to travel to my big sisters house and have just enjoyed the a lovely plate of chilli con carne...which i think translates as Chilli with Meat?...nice. Thanks Johanna!

I am teeing off at 11am at Rushmere Golf Club tomorrow for day 14 in suffolk! Looking forward to it.

I'm going to whatch some the Masters golf and then get an early night....oh and possibly a bath to rest my weary bones. One more thing...if anyone knows someone that wants to give a charity fundraiser a massage then please let me know!!! I could really do with one!haha!

Take care everyone.

Wilberxx

No comments:

Post a Comment