Sunday 19 April 2009

FA cup semi final day and all that brings with it!!!!!

Good evening to you all...

I am writing this from Blagdon at the Small's house in Newcastle! The weather up here today had just been brilliant! I left Northallerton at 10am in preperation for Durham City Golf Club. I was booked in to play at 12noon however there was a local competition on and the golf pro asked if I could tee off at a later time. They were donating the game so I could only say yes and went to see Ange and Ringo Small in Newcastle for lunch before returning to the golf club for round 23. Infortunately the later tee off time coincided with the FA cup semi final between Manchester United and my beloved Everton Football Club! Teeing off at 3.30 meant that I would definately miss the entire game! I finished my round and overheard some people on the putting green saying that the game had gone into extra time...to my suprise Man Utd hadn't managed to to score against the mighty toffees in normal time and I manged to watch the last 5 minutes of extra time. To my everlasting suprise Everton manged to beat the best side in the world on penalties... and it really made my day! I played really well at golf...the toffees won and the sun was shining!I don't really expect that much more out of life!!!!

I want to say a big thank you to Angela and Ringo Small for putting me up...I have just eaten the most wondeful dinner and a few glasses of wine and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening! I have a very early start tomorrow...teeing off at 8am in Bellingham Golf Club which means a 0600 wake up (and what does the 0 stand for?.....Oh my god it's early!) so I think the bes thing for me now is to have a cuppa and head off to bed. Thanks to all who have donated so far...time, money, beds, dinners, tea and company..It really means a lot...this is such a longwinded tour and seems to be taking for ever(I am really enjoying it however) but is nice to look on the JustGiving Site and seeing all the nice messages from people...it really spurs me on. I think these next few rounds are going to be the hardest yet as I will be in Cumbria all on my todd...I am looking forward to my mates joining me in Shropshire and The Belfry!

P.S I need a bed in Staffordhsire somewhere If anybody knows of anyone please let me know...I've managed to go 23 days without sleeping in the car however if needs must!

Lots of Love and Toffee loving to you all...

Wilber xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment