Wednesday 8 April 2009

Blowing a hooley in Bedfordshire...

Hello to you all...I played alone for the first time in my golf tour today. I thought it was going to be lonely however it wasn't. I had a really enjoyable relaxed round of golf walking around without a care in the world! The weather forecast was again terrible but when I woke at 7.30 there wasn't a cloud in the sky! A few clouds did emerge in the morning before I reached the golf club and there was a brisk breeze but it was sunny for most of the day! This was the 1/3 point of my tour and now I am starting to play some consistent golf! Today despite the wind I was driving the ball as straight as I have done. Several of the holes were down wind which was nice but some were into the wind which was very testing as the wind was as strong as I have experienced on the tour so far! I started on the 10th hole due to a seniors competition off the 1st and got that little white ball in the hole in 5 shots which Matt will tell is very reasonable considering the dreaded 1st tee nerves I suffer from! The rest of the round was very steady and did some heavy scoring on the two hardest holes...one of which was a downwind par 5 which I birdied! I also chipped in at the par 3 13th for a two so two birdies is very pleasing! The round did go down hill a touch at the end. The final two holes which were actually the 8th and 9th were directly into the wind so playing a lot longer! I finished the round in 86 shots which is my best to date. I also managed to smash one of drives onto the 100yard marker on the fairway! the photo is just above this blog!

Seeing as it's a third of the way through the tour here is an update of my scores so far...

PAR MY SCORE STABLEFORD POINTS
Cornwall 70 101 25
Devon 71 95 31
Dorset 72 94 34
Wiltshire 98 98 31
Hampshire 70 104 19
Surrey 71 102 25
Sussex 72 98 30
Kent 71 95 32
Essex 72 91 37
Hertfordshire 71 90 37
Buckinghamshire 71 89 38
Bedfordshire 70 86 40

There is a slow but steady improvement which is good! only 3 pars todat but 2 birdies as opposed to Buckinghamshire where I got no birdies but 7 pars!

Tomorrow is day 13 and Lakeside Lodge in Cambridgeshire where I am playing with Ashley my flatmates uncle, Pat Synan.

There are some more pics of me today!!! and I will put a video up on facebook for those technologists that are that advanced!!!

Much love to you all!

Just Willxx

No comments:

Post a Comment