Thursday 30 April 2009

Legs, ankles, back, face, nose, knee caps and feet all HURT!

Hi everyone...sorry I havn't been updating to 0ften it has been hard to get to a internet computer and I have been fairly short of time in the last few days as I have been teeing off a bit later...this should however have given me more time in the morning I hear you say!you are right but I am really starting to feel the pinch! Getting up in the morning is very hard work as my eyes feel like they have leadweights on them! Anyhoo... I will soldier on best I can!

Since I last spoke to you I have been to Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire and Oxfordshire...and whatever I was doing there I wasn't playing golf!! Don't get me wrong, I had a golf ball and a golf club (or whacker as I'm starting to call it!) I was standing in a field with Sandy scratchpatch and Susie Downslope (people we met along the way!) ...but my ability to hit a ball has dissapeared! With hindsight I actually am playing better than I was at the beginning of the tour but having gone through a good vain of form these things happen!I just hope I can put in at least one good round before the tour is out!

There is actually only 3 days left! I can't believe it...it really has gone so fast, especially the last week! I need to a big thanks to some people who I have been with over the last few days................................

Thanks to Gus and Moggy for not joining me in the Boff Tank joining me over the weekend at Hawstone Park and Burghill Valley...To Christian and Matt for playing (and Brethren Tom for walking) the Belfry with me...To John and Jackie in Cheltenham for putting me, Gus and Moggy up when they already had a dinner party to host! Thanks to Katy for taking us off John and Jackie's hands and showing us J's (the smallest nightclub in the world!!! For those of you that have been to my Mother's house....they are about the same size!!! Thanks again to Lynne and Mac for putting me up...again! Thanks to Chris Pennel and Will Bowley for joining me at the Worcester Golf and Country Club on Monday...they both play for the Worcester Warriors and Chris (currently recovering from his ACL (Arterial Cruciate Ligament) surgery...played on one leg!!!amazing! Both nice fella's and I think they are going to try and sort out a signed Warriors shirt for my auction! Thanks to Suzanne Simms and Jane Bidding...two ladies I played with yesterday in Oxfordshire..I take back all the backhanded comments regarding Golfers from the fairer sex as these two were very good golfers and very nice with it! Jane actually plays off 1 or 2 and is playing a comp in Enmore in August so I offered my services as a caddy and she accepted so that will be fun! All I need to do is grow a moustache, put some weight on and get a boiler suit! To Katy (KAT) Malseed in Oxford...I got in touch with her very late on wednesday and she very happily put me up in Hertford College Oxford...didn't think they existed but there are actually students that sit around talking about Mr Obama using all sorts of long a fancy words like "conservative" and"elixir"...I shouldn't laugh but for those of us that went to a stupid persons university and wonder what it's like to be at Oxford...there it is! I am of course joking...Kat my little Cousin once removed I think is lovely! I havn't seen her for some time and she has turned into a very outgoing and charming tequila drinking person (the best bit..she likes tequila!!!)! I have offered her a place to stay in Surbiton should she and her friends want to go out in Laaaandan! So I look forward to repaying the favour...

I am currently in Fleet about to start getting ready for day 34 in Berkshire...I was due to be playing on my own today however Steve Gotting has a golfer friend called Derek Olsen who by amazing coincidence is also playing at East Berks today so I will rock up a bit early and see if i can join them!

For those of you that worry...Mum and Johanna mainly...The title of blog isn't that true...trying to recreate dad's (OBSG).............. Over Active Bull Shit Gland! I'm fine a little tired but nothing that a long lay in won't fix!

Bakc to the BT!

Lots of Love

wilberxx

No comments:

Post a Comment