Thursday 16 April 2009

Not such Christian bounces in Rutland...

Hi everyone...first of all I want to say thanks to everyone that has donated so far..if you anyone that hasn't donated yet please boot them up their posteria and tell them to get their aforementioned poseteria in gear!!!! Donations have stalled and I'm not happy!!! I don't want to have to drive all the way back from the midlands to woop sone ass!

I played Rutland County Gold Club on Tuesday...wioth Christian Jones again! For those of you that know him you will now see he has a burnt bald head instead of just a bald head...cosmetics eh mate...use tanning bed next time..you'll get a more even covering on there!

I got to the club at 12 as they agreed to feed me before my round. I had lasagne and chips and sat down with the director of golf George Lowe. George is the father of Simone who I have been in correspndence with. Unforunately Simone wasn't there but George was very accomodating and we had a good chat before Chris and I cracked on with the golf!

We started on the 1st with a fairly brisk easterly wind...not so much that it was a hinderence but we definately had to think about it. The sun was fairly consistently doffing his hat as it appeared every so often.

I kept my score and we had a little matchplay competition between us...he beat me very comfortably in Leicestershire the day before but I put that down to home advantage.

The first nine holes it was tight both playing some good golf (with of course the speradic nonsense golf that I love so much!) and by the time we reached the turn...(the 9th) it was all square. The highlight I think was the par 5 7th where we took a video of my tee shot! explained that with my slicey tee shot that I was going to have to aim over the out of bounds fence and somewhere in the direction of Norfolk...needless to say with the camera running I hit it deep in to Norwich town centre!!! I will put the vidoe on the blog for you all to see. Once on the green though...Chris sunk a 20ft putt for par...good job it was on target though as it was travelling at some rate of knots(not sure if spelt correctly) and might well have ended up on the A1 (the great north road Chris...!!!!). I also shelled (golfing speak for holed) a long putt...however due to my errant tee shot was only for a 6!

The front nine also highlighted to us the inland links style of "not so Christian bounces" as we both were on the recieving end of a cruel bounce or two!

On the 7th we discovered a bench...and about 20 yards from the bench was dustbin so we attempted to take a picture with the timer...after a couple of attempts we managed a virtually perfect pic...both crossing legs and looking very stylish (especially me and my Shingo Hat) again I will put on blog.

It wasn't until the 17th when we had a winner...and it wasn't me...god damn it! Chris won with a hole to spare and it wasn't until the 18th where I played my best golf! A tee shot down the left followed by a precision 7 iron to within 6 feet of the pin. Whilst I was doing this Chris was building sandcastles in the green side bunker! Guess what....I missed the putt! not to worry though we had a very enjoyable round and of course a pint afterwards!!

I said my fairwells to George and Chris and went on my way up the A1 to Lincoln Golf Club for day 19.

On arrival I greeted by Derek Linton..the secretary of the club and he introduced me to Ashley Carter the golf pro. The course was very busy as they had a club competition and also 28 person society day as well so I teamed up with another memember that was playing on his own, Graham Wittle. We wondered round together fairly slowly...he was 73 and there were also a million and one four balls infront of us!

The course itself was in excellent condition...and talking to the locals afterwards it is regarded as one of the best courses in the area so I was pleased that my "pot luck" pick of Lincolnshire golf courses was a successful one! The greens were very quick and it was great to play with Graham as he told me the tricks of the course...where to be and, in the words of Bill Shakespeare I think, where not to be!

I had a cracking day at Lincoln...very friendly club...great course and clement weather! Oh and good sangers as well!

After the round I checked into a little B&B near to the course as I only had a short drive to Nottinhamshire for day 20!

Not really much to say about Sherwood Forest...I didn't see Robin Hood which I was dissapointed about...however I thought I saw Maid Marion canoodling in the Bushes...Robin might have been there but I reckon she was having an affair with Little John! Very wet and miserable day so I'm really looking forward to Day 21 at Ashbourne Golf Club in Derbyshire...I've just checked the forecast and is looking better!

I'm currently at my brothers house in Leicester as it's only 45 minutes form Ashbourne so I can have a good nights sleep and some friendly faeces oops...faces!!

Get people donating please tell evertone you know...friends family...remember if 75,000 peeps donate £1 I'll reach my target!!!!Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

Lots of Love and Maid Marion smooches...

Wilber on his amazing Forest Gump style golf tour thingy me bob!xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment